The following are our recommendations of things to do if you choose to leave the property – though with the beautiful trails and idyllic setting you certainly don’t have to!
- MILLSTONE TRAILS Visit the MTA’s website to get information on the Millstone Trails, see current conditions, purchase passes online, or download a pdf of the 2015 map here.
- HIKING THE BARRE TOWN FOREST Click to view a hiking map of the Barre Town Forest. Or, visit their website here.
- THE QUARRIES DISC GOLF Just steps from the Farmhouse, enjoy disc golf that winds through the Barre Town Forest, amongst the Millstone Trails.
- ROCK OF AGES Take a tour of our unique granite quarries.
- THE BARRE OPERA HOUSE See a show and purchase tickets here.
- THE VERMONT ARTS COUNCIL View current arts happenings and gallery shows. Support the arts!
- ANTIQUES IN THE AREA A very handy website listing all the local antique shops – with recommended day and overnight trips.
- BEN & JERRY’S FACTORY Visit for a scoop, or take a tour! Waterbury is a few exits away on Interstate 89.
ART, ANTIQUES, HISTORY & THEATERS
GREAT OUTDOORS & SPORTS
Disc Golf at ‘The Quarries’
EagleRider Rentals & Tours Barre
Swimming at the Barre Municipal Pool
Hannaford Supermarket (802) 479-3326
456 South Barre Road, Barre
Lawson’s Store (802) 476-7661
40 Church Hill Road, Barre
Graniteville General Store & Deli
652 Graniteville Road, Barre
RESTAURANTS & FOOD
Basil’s Pizzeria (802) 477-5033
20 South Main Street, Barre
Capital City Farmers Market
Cornerstone Pub & Kitchen
47 North Main Street, Barre
Delicate Decadence Bakery
14 North Main Street, Barre
248 North Main Street, Barre
Ladder 1 Grill
8 South Main Street Firehouse
Meltdown (on Facebook)
83 Washington Street, Barre
Quarry Grill and Tavern
210 North Main Street, Barre
3 Main Street, Montpelier
70 North Main Street, Barre
Three Penny Taproom
108 Main Street, Montpelier
Two Loco Guys
136 North Main Street, Barre