The following are our recommendations of things to do if you choose to leave the property – though with the beautiful trails and idyllic setting you certainly don’t have to!
- MILLSTONE TRAILS Visit the MTA’s website to get information on the Millstone Trails, see current conditions, purchase passes online, or download a pdf of the 2015 map here.
- HIKING THE BARRE TOWN FOREST Click to view a hiking map of the Barre Town Forest. Or, visit their website here.
- THE QUARRIES DISC GOLF Just steps from the Farmhouse, enjoy disc golf that winds through the Barre Town Forest, amongst the Millstone Trails.
- ROCK OF AGES Take a tour of our unique granite quarries.
- THE BARRE OPERA HOUSE See a show and purchase tickets here.
- THE VERMONT ARTS COUNCIL View current arts happenings and gallery shows. Support the arts!
- ANTIQUES IN THE AREA A very handy website listing all the local antique shops – with recommended day and overnight trips.
- BEN & JERRY’S FACTORY Visit for a scoop, or take a tour! Waterbury is a few exits away on Interstate 89.
It’s not just for weddings! Our Celebration Barn is ideal for reunions, showers, family get-togethers, memorials and funerals, and corporate events and retreats – all year-long.
Coming soon, an overview of our childhood home, and how it came to be. We are a brother and sister team, born to a family of seven.